I finally completed classroom project #2. I have had several useful, yet hideous bookshelves in my classroom since I started teaching 5 years ago. They were given to me by my aunt. I was lucky enough to start teaching the year she retired. This year I will need them more than ever. I am very excited to be working in a new school that is much closer to my house. However, this room is about 1/3 the size of any classroom I have ever been in. Plus, I have always had a wall full of storage cabinets. The classrooms at my new school only have ONE cabinet in each room. Storage space is seriously lacking. I had to purge about 75% of my classroom materials just to get in the room. I am seriously worried about how everything will fit in this tiny
closet classroom. Like I said earlier the shelves I have are plain and ugly. Revamping these shelves is at the top of my summer project list. This first shelf is where I store the majority of my chapter books (organized by author's last name). I decided to go ahead and paint it my favorite colors (turquoise, lime and zebra). I had my doubts about how it would turn out, but I really like it. The blue and green won't seem so bold once the books are in the shelves. I just used old pain that we had in the garage. Now to get started on my giant shelf!
This is the shelf before. Well, after I started painting and realized I didn't take a before picture.
After - This gives you a better look at the zebra on the sides.
I'm linking up for Monday Made It (for my very first time). Yay! I'm planning on getting the next shelf completed for next Monday.