Monday, July 16, 2012

Bookshelf #2 - Monday Made It!





I'm linking up for my second Monday Made It at 4th Grade Frolics.  I have pretty much completed my second classroom bookshelf.  You might notice in the pictures below that there are a couple of spots at the top and bottom that need a little more white paint.  I can't get to the bottom until we move this big boy out of our home office.  Plus, you can hardly even notice it.  And yes, I know I need to add one more dot at the bottom.  I can't decide what color I want.  I've been debating for a few days now.  I'm leaning towards green.  I made this one to sort of compliment my blue & green zebra bookshelf that I posted last week.  I would love to just have a turquoise, lime and zebra themed classroom.  However, I have way too many things that are all sorts of bright colors and I really can't afford to replace them.  I definitely can't justify changing it just because of the color.  So, I made this one so that it would match just about any other color that may be in my classroom.  I just threw the colored baskets in there for fun.  This bookshelf is typically full of books.  I have approximately one million and one books!  And these two bookshelves don't even come close to containing all of my books.  I usually have about 6 bookshelves in my classroom.  My new room is tiny and I gave away sooooooo much stuff at the end of this school year.  I'm really hoping these two shelves will hold most of my books.  I also have a couple of shorter shelf things that go along the white board.  I'm thinking those will need to come in here pretty soon so I can beautify them as well!  :)






I love  how  the shelves look next to my new rug!


I'm looking forward to my next project.  I need to print things out, but my really nice laser printer died on me for the last time.  I have decided to go back to inkjet.  We had so many problems with the laser printer.  I ordered a new printer from Amazon and I'm waiting until that sucker gets here before I get started.  I saw a really cute idea to help organize my chapter books.  Hopefully it will get here soon and I will be able to share my project with everyone for next week's Monday Made It!

20 comments:

  1. OMG!!!!!!!!!! I sooooooo love this!!!!!! I'm using the same colors in my classroom and I'm a huge zebra print fanatic!!! Thanks for sharing! I also read that you are a 5th grade teacher. I am definitely your newest stalker... I mean follower!!! :) Stop by my blog sometime.

    threadgillsteachingtoolbox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome... I want to paint my shelves too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your projects! The bookshelves turned out awesome! If I had access to my room I would love to do something similar!

    Amanda
    redseventeen@gmail.com
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shelves turned out great! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love these!!! How bright and cheerful :) Your kids are going to love them!

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my gosh! That is absolutely adorable! I am a new follower and am so glad to have found your blog.
    Happy Teaching,
    Laura
    TIPS: Teach, Inspire, and Prepare Students

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those shelves are adorable! I love them! Here I am painting mine plain old black, how boring, but they won't be crazy colors like they were before.

    Kelly @ I'm Not Your Grandpa, I'm Your Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I have the same baskets, minus the purple!

    Fourth Grade Fanatic

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how your shelves turned out! They are so bright and cheerful!

    Hooty's Homeroom

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your bright colors! That's what I'm going for this year! I would love to hear your idea for chapter book organization... was just thinking of how I could do that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your bookshelves are awesome!! I am in the process of painting mine and can't wait to see how they turn out! I love your cute blog too, by the way!

    Ashley
    That's So Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love it, girly….all of it!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very Cute!!

    KuteKinderKids.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the book shelf. I like the back and of course everything dots is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Replies
    1. Your shelves are really adorable! I love the rug too. Thanks for sharing.

      Janna
      Fabulous Finch Facts

      Delete
  16. That bookshelf turned out so adorable! Love the bright funness:) (I know that's not a word) Thanks for linking up:))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank you for all of the sweet comments. It definitely makes all of the hard work seem worth it. Now if I had access to my classroom I could get them all set up!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I LOVE your shelves! How did you make your circles so perfectly round? Did you trace various sized circles and then paint inside? Or are they stickers? TOO CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love the shelves...and your blog! OMGoodness...it is adorable! =)

    I am happy to be your newest follower. I would love for you to hop over and visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete