Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Hooded Towel

So, I finished up a hooded towel a few weeks ago and I just realized that I haven't shared it!  This is actually a gift I made for one of my cousins to give to another cousin for his little girl's birthday (which was also last week). 



Here's how you can do it.  I'm actually a little embarrassed to tell you how easy it is!  All you need is a bath towel and a hand towel.  If you want to add any embellishments you can used bias tape, rickrack, fabric, etc.  All you need to do is cut the  hand towel right down the middle.  This will leave each square piece with three finished edges.  Fold the towel in half like a rectangle. (Sorry I don't have any pics of this). You are going to want to trim the  unfinished edge about an inch or two and then curve the corner.  Then sew this up.  Attach the sewn hand towel to the center of the bath towel.  You can stop here or you can add embellishments.  On the last towel I added fabric strips to the hood and some applique hearts to the towel.  I usually embroider or applique the name.  I know this may not make sense without the pictures.  Maybe I will create some diagrams to help out...

3 comments:

  1. This is so cute, and I love the bookshelves you painted as well! I found your blog through Tara's linky and I'm a new follower!

    Jackie

    Third Grade's A Charm

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO Cute! Then sew this up. Attach the sewn hand towel to the center of the bath towel. towel rad color so effective same for hand and bath towel. I love the bookshelves you painted as well.

    Floral Area Rugs

    ReplyDelete